Paid Employment Opportunities
The Girls Empowerment Network (GENaustin) seeks a full time Program Director with a projected start date of March 3rd.
The ideal candidate for the GENaustin Program Director is an open-hearted, strategic, conscientious, mission-driven, leader-manager who inspires her team, innovates expansion, and is the face of the GENaustin Program Department. This fulltime Director supervises four positions responsible for managing GENaustin’s Central Texas programs. Applicants must be a Licensed Master of Social Work (or related field) with at least three years of professional youth program management experience, three years of supervision of direct service teams, and a demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of GENaustin. Qualified candidates will demonstrate a history of goal achievement, excellent managerial skills (team accountability/judgment), teamwork, collaborative partnerships, program evaluation, innovative program development/ implementation, budgeting and budget management, problem solving, and public speaking. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and will contribute to an open and kind work culture. Spanish speaking candidates preferred. Nights and weekends are sometimes required. Competitive salary based on experience plus a full benefits package.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Program Director works with GENaustin’s staff and volunteers to accomplish the following:
- Supervise Program Managers to ensure the effective delivery of all GENaustin programs
- Support Program Managers in recruitment, supervision and training of program staff and volunteers
- Establish relationships with various target audiences to raise awareness about GENaustin services
- Oversee the evaluation of programs for effectiveness, use in donor cultivation, and reporting to the community
- Work with Executive Director, Development Director, and Program Managers to plan ongoing strategic expansion of GENaustin programs
- Develop innovative strategies to generate agency income through program delivery
- Respond to all expansion inquiry requests for GENaustin programs
- Provide support to the Development Director to inform grant proposals as needed
- Represent GENaustin at community meetings, ensuring that GENaustin participates in collaborative Central Texas efforts to address issues related to core mission
- Implement and maintain effective methods for recruitment and retention of girls participating in GENaustin programs
- Ensure that GENaustin programs incorporate current best practices, high ethical standards, and services that meet the needs of the community
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Identify strategic opportunities for GENaustin’s meaningful engagement in the communities it serves
To apply please send an email with the subject line “Program Director” to email@example.com with the following two attachments:
1. Your cover letter saved as LastName_FirstName_Application
2. Your current resume saved as Lastname_FirstName_Resume
Fall 2013 internship openings have been filled. Spring 2014 internship needs include:
- Direct service—helping to lead our self esteem building programs for girls.
- Event planning—helping to plan our annual We Are Girls conference which serves 1,600 parents, girls and educators in November.
- Fundraising—gaining first hand experience in the development program of a nonprofit.
GENaustin is seeking strong leaders with a passion for girls’ issues to fill a number of unpaid internships within our agency. All interns must be committed to the mission of GENaustin, be team-oriented, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have reliable transportation. Internships typically last one semester (fall, spring or summer) and are anywhere from 10-40 hours/week. Please use the application form to specify which areas of our work you are most interested in. Thank you for considering GENaustin for your internship!
Applicants are interviewed and selected on a rolling basis. Placements are typically filled by these dates:
Fall – August 31 | Spring – December 5
1) Please save your internship application and your resume using the following naming system.
Resume: Firstname_Lastname_Internship_Resume.doc (submission optional)
2) Send your completed application material to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line: Your name, internship.
Notice: GENaustin DOES NOT accept paper, mailed or faxed applications. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to download and submit this internship application. Please use a word processor like MS Word before submitting your application materials.
Also, please note that submitting a resume is optional.