Employment and Internships
Paid Employment Opportunities
GENaustin is seeking a Program and Operations Assistant. This position will start mid-January 2015 and is full-time with full benefits including paid insurance benefits, retirement, and time off. Applications are due via email by December 5, 2014.
Under the supervision of the Operations Director, the Operations & Program Assistant will assist the operations and program teams. Duties of this position are as follows:
- Enter donor/gift data into donor database and prepare acknowledgement letters
- Keep donor database updated with changes in address, etc. on an ongoing basis
- Assist operations director with special projects in the areas of accounting, human resources, technology, etc.
- Maintain equipment/furniture inventory and log
- Perform research on continuing education, human resources topics, incentive plans, etc. to offer to employees
- Assist operations director in maintaining confidential files
- Maintain office supply inventory and order supplies
- Distribute incoming mail and process outgoing mail
- Provide support to all GENaustin programs, including: clubGEN, 180, Girl Talk Workshops, GirlConnect, We Are Girls Conference, Pathfinder and Summer Camps
- Assist in the implementation of programs when appropriate
- Support to programs may include: assistance with outreach and marketing of programs, recruiting participants, making reminders to participants, ordering and preparing supplies for program team, and other duties as needed
- Manage and maintain updated MOUs and contracts for school-based programs
- Assist in ongoing outreach and marketing efforts to increase GENaustin’s visibility at host settings
- Assist in the assessment, research and development of program curriculum
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of GENaustin
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Education, Business, Non-Profit Management or Related Field
- At least two years of professional work experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Goal-oriented, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Proficient in the use of technology including MS Office
- Comfortable working with diverse populations
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Flexible schedule, including days, evenings, and some Saturdays
- Must be available to assist with afterschool programs on most weekdays
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a required background check
- Available to begin work mid-January 2015
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
- Experience working with youth preferred
- Position is full-time with benefits
- Salary is $35,360 annually
To apply for this position, please send an email with the subject line “Operations & Program Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following two attachments:
1. Your cover letter saved as LastName_FirstName_Cover Letter (Please include in your cover letter your level of proficiency in Spanish-Beginner, Intermediate, or Fully Fluent)
2. Your current resume saved as Lastname_FirstName_Resume
Spring 2015 internship needs include:
- Event planning—helping to plan our annual We Are Girls conference which serves 1,800 parents, girls and educators in November, as well as contribute to marketing/PR efforts for our camps and Pathfinder program.
- Fundraising—gaining first hand experience in the development program of a nonprofit.
- Communications—contributing to social media, the agency blog/website, and external communications.
- Direct Service—contributing to curriculum review and revision, providing support on-site with programming, and facilitating groups at elementary and middle schools in Central Texas.
Each of these internship positions can also contain a direct service component, helping to lead our self esteem building programs with girls, if desired.
GENaustin is seeking strong leaders with a passion for girls’ issues to fill a number of unpaid internships within our agency. All interns must be committed to the mission of GENaustin, be team-oriented, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have reliable transportation. Internships typically last one semester (fall, spring or summer) and are anywhere from 10-40 hours/week. Please use the application form to specify which areas of our work you are most interested in. Thank you for considering GENaustin for your internship! To apply, download the application form GENaustin Internship Application, fill it out and send it to email@example.com.
Internship Application Procedures
Applicants are interviewed and selected on a rolling basis. Placements are typically filled by these dates: Fall – August 31 | Spring – December 5
1) Please save your internship application and your resume using the following naming system. Application: Firstname_Lastname_Internship_Application.doc Resume: Firstname_Lastname_Internship_Resume.doc (submission optional)
2) Send your completed application material to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line: Your name, internship.
Notice: GENaustin DOES NOT accept paper, mailed or faxed applications. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to download and submit this internship application. Please use a word processing program such as MS Word before submitting your application materials. Also, please note that submitting a resume is optional.